Who WERE The Lost Ones?

The feature film based on the hit comic book by Ken Penders.

Who WERE The Lost Ones?

Postby DonnieB » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:28 am

Yes! Lets take some spotlight off the Lara-Su Chronicles and toss it back onto the oldie!
We can visit old threads again!

So Uncle Ken, tell us a story. Who WERE The Lost Ones?
Since finding it is harder than finding a clean politician *rimshot* lets get some info on it!

Mind dropping some names of the characters, what they were about, or just something to go on.
It's not like there's a Wiki of it (Psst, Bob, Paul, Stickman... you might wanna jump to that.)
All I got was Particle and Black Sun. Any more from there?

I already have my money lined up for the Lara-Su Chronicles, but out of respect for your old work with I don't think I'm going to ever get my hands on, mind telling me what I missed?
DonnieB

Re: Who WERE The Lost Ones?

Postby BobR » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:05 pm

I can help along those lines: http://kenpenders.com/thelostones/

Who are the lost ones? Descendants of the survivors from the original atom bomb blasts in Japan during WWII. The effects of radiation exposure was still fairly unknown at the time, so a covert operation was put into place to track these survivors and watch them for any anomalies. After 40 years, and well into the second generation, the powers that be decided there were no long term effects, and the government closed the program. The survivors went their own way, unaware they were under surveillance all this time. Many soon got "lost" in the system through marriage, deaths, moves, transfers, etc. The problem is that the government closed their surveillance too soon, for it was with the third generation where things got interesting. For members of the third generation started displaying abilities that reach far beyond the normal human.
Wearing my mask, looking like a bear! I'm a raccoon!!
BobR
Site Admin

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Isn't that basically the original set up for the "X-Men"?

"Children of the atom" and all that?
My Deviantart
If you like the Lara-Su Chronicles, I would like to hear why. I will genuinely listen to you
Mavrickindigo

Postby BobR » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Isn't that basically the original set up for the "X-Men"?

"Children of the atom" and all that?

Yes, and no. The first origin of the X-Men, particularly Magneto, was set in a WWII concentration camp. At that point in time, there was no atom bomb effects because there was no way Magneto was ever exposed to atomic radiation to develop his powers. His powers were a "natural" evolution. "Children of the Atom" was strictly a marketing ploy on Marvel's part.
BobR
Site Admin

Postby Paul-Agnew » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 am

Last edited by Paul-Agnew on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*http://www.echidnaenclave.net/*
*paulagnew.deviantart.com*
*thepaulagnew@gmail.com*
*@paulstralia*
Paul-Agnew

Re: R U 1 2 ?

Postby BobR » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:04 pm

PaulAgnew wrote:
DonnieB wrote:It's not like there's a Wiki of it (Psst, Bob, Paul, Stickman... you might wanna jump to that.)

A Ken Penders Wiki? Temping, but I already have my hands tied with another Wikia, undertaking write-ups for a series which is considered by many to be an abomination that no-one expect me is daring enough to seek out, locate, watch, and recap.

That said, it's been a blast. You may even say it's a turbo-charged blast. ;)

You're writing up a Wiki on Turbo Teen???
BobR
Site Admin

Postby Paul-Agnew » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Last edited by Paul-Agnew on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thepaulagnew@gmail.com*
*@paulstralia*
Paul-Agnew

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm

I have a question about The Lost Ones too. Were there any more issues besides #1? Because it seems there wasn't when I searched for it online.
NiTROACTiVE

Postby Paul-Agnew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 am

Last edited by Paul-Agnew on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thepaulagnew@gmail.com*
*@paulstralia*
Paul-Agnew

Re: Got An Issue? Have A Tissue!

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:02 am

PaulAgnew wrote:
NiTROACTiVE wrote:I have a question about The Lost Ones too. Were there any more issues besides #1? Because it seems there wasn't when I searched for it online.

The Lost Ones certainly had more than one issue.

None of which were published, right?

Literally no one except Ken and his followers seem to believe issue 2 even exists.
My Deviantart
If you like the Lara-Su Chronicles, I would like to hear why. I will genuinely listen to you
Mavrickindigo

Postby BobR » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:07 am

NiTROACTiVE wrote:I have a question about The Lost Ones too. Were there any more issues besides #1? Because it seems there wasn't when I searched for it online.

Issue #1 was the only one printed. Issue #2 didn't reach minimum requirements for Diamond to distribute it. Without distribution, there's no sense in spending the money to have it printed. Now if you ask me, there's a monopoly the government should look into. Diamond has done far more direct damage with their monopolistic practices then even Microsoft...but they're only comic books, so who cares?
BobR
Site Admin

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:40 am

BobR wrote:

Issue #1 was the only one printed. Issue #2 didn't reach minimum requirements for Diamond to distribute it. Without distribution, there's no sense in spending the money to have it printed. Now if you ask me, there's a monopoly the government should look into. Diamond has done far more direct damage with their monopolistic practices then even Microsoft...but they're only comic books, so who cares?

What criteria did it not reach?
My Deviantart
Mavrickindigo

Postby DonnieB » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:18 pm

BobR wrote:Issue #1 was the only one printed. Issue #2 didn't reach minimum requirements for Diamond to distribute it.

Effectively saying.. there WAS an issue #2. Just unless Ken puts it up somewhere or you ask him for pages, we're never gonna see it.
But, answering Nitro's question, the answer would be "yes."
DonnieB

Return to The Lost Ones