THE REPUBLIC . . . is HERE!

The upcoming WebTV series produced and directed by Ken Penders

THE REPUBLIC . . . is HERE!

Postby Ken Penders » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Check out the 15 minute Sneak Prevue Episode on the Homepage of this website. What you see here is actually footage from Episode 2 of what will be our online series. I'm currently working on the FX for the opening and closing scenes of what we filmed so far, which is taking a LOT longer than expected, due to the conditions the work is being completed under. however, since a lot of people have been clamoring to see something, I didn't want to disappoint by continuing to postpone the inevitable premiere. I'm currently deciding whether or not to show footage from Episode 3 a two or three weeks from now, but want to see where I am with the FX work first before pulling that trigger.

In the meantime, feel free to post any comments and/or criticisms here. I really do want to know what you think of my latest creation.

Oh, yeah, one other thing -- wait'll you see the footage for THE LOST ONES.
Ken Penders
Site Admin

Re: THE REPUBLIC . . . is HERE!

Postby The_Patman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:46 pm

FIRST! :lol:

Anyway, I have to say I was very impressed with this preview episode! The most impressive part for me was the audio editing, espicially the opening scene with the Alden fmaily. Very fluid and consistant. The news segment with Tracy also stood out to me when I watched. Andrew did really well on the original score as well. I may watch it again and say more about it a little later.

Awesome work, Ken! :)
The_Patman

Postby Paul-Agnew » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Honestly, I enjoyed that immensely. The basic plotline is gripping and quite frankly a scary look into a possible future, while the cast members just... click. Unlike other independant films, the acting feels natural and the characters believable. It shows everyone is putting all their effort into making this a success, and I wish it the best of luck.

Ken Penders wrote:wait'll you see the footage for THE LOST ONES.

Oh yes please.
*http://www.echidnaenclave.net/*
*thepaulagnew@gmail.com*
*@paulstralia*
Paul-Agnew

Postby Paul-Agnew » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Couldn't find a more suitable thread and didn't want to litter the Board, so here we are. The final(?) cut of The Republic's opening credits have emerged online.
In comparison with the previous titles, the only major change aside from a tad more transparency on the images, has been the credit font, now a softer blue instead of solid yellow, which feels a bit easier on the eyes. 8-)

Keep it up everyone, and best of luck with finding a way to continue the series.
*http://www.echidnaenclave.net/*
*thepaulagnew@gmail.com*
*@paulstralia*
Paul-Agnew

Postby The_Patman » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:24 pm

PaulAgnew wrote:The final(?) cut of The Republic's opening credits have emerged online.

Yes, that is the final cut of the opening credits sequence you saw! Hype Get! :D
The_Patman

Return to The Republic